Can your child(dren) dress and undress themselves?

Do they do it when you als them to?

lol

There's nothing like a good clothes-fight in the morning when you're already running late. Or a long drawn: "moooooooom, I caaaaaan't."

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 7:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes they can dress themselves but sometimes I find it easier to dress them myself. Not my 8 yo but my 6 yo and 4 yo. Actually my 6yo ds is the laziest and is the only one who asks for help. but he's been like that since he was born. haha.. I think he takes after his dad..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My 4 yr old can undress herself and dress herself with help but needs help putting on her shirt and buttons/zippers
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my son likes to dress himself, he's 4, sometimes he puts things on backwards, and usually his socks are crooked, but I just tell him he did a great job. I do dress him if we are running late.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My daughter and son both started dressing themselves around the same time. He was 4 and she was 2. I had to make him do it himself, I think I set a timer or something, but I can't really remember now. She just did it on her own, she liked to change her clothes a lot. Now she's 3 and is starting to tell me she can't do it. Silly girl. She does need help with snaps and buttons and things.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• oh I do have to button his pants
    cassie_kellison

• my 3 1/2 yr old loves to ATTEMPT to dress himself lol and when its just us and theres no rush i let him try and try again but then again when were in a huge rush and he needed to be dressed 15 minutes ago lol i usually just do it for him which results in mooooommmmm i wannnnnaaa doo ooo ittt im hoping this doesnt last through high school lol
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my son is 4, he can dress himself when he wants to. If he picks the outfit he will dress himself.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My 4 year old can do it, but when we're in a hurry, it's hopeless LOL...he has to have plenty of time or I have to do it for him. Try to allow them lots of time
    sukainah

Answer by sukainah at 9:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my three year old can dress herself but its not a good idea to let her when we are in a rush
    babylovebugs

Answer by babylovebugs at 12:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• At 4 no, I just did it. At 5 my son is starting to.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011