Car seats ?

Well my little graddaughter will soon be needing a new carseat she is almost to the weight limit.. I am possibly wanting to get a "convertable" Does anyone have any suggestions or any websites I can check out to see what is good or bad????? Help please.

JamiesMom08

Asked by JamiesMom08 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well i always recomend graco. I dont know how old your granddaughter is so if shes under one i would say yes absolutly a convertable seat becuz they cant be facing forward till after a year old. plus they go up to like 40lbs then it will be time for a booster seat and some of the convertables will convert to a booster seat when your child is ready. You can look at them on the
    Graco website. www.graco.com
    Anonymous

• I have a Britax Marathon. It faces forward up to 65 Pd's. It has a 5 point harness, which is really important. I wouldn't go to a booster seat until you absolutely have to. There is a woman who's story about losing her two kids in a car accident due to the booster seats, it was posted here and I saw it on You tube. I would look into Britax.

Rebecca75

Answer by Rebecca75 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have learned... ALLWAYS go to a store that will let you bring it out to the car and see if it fits your car BEFORE you buy it...I know BABIES R US does this.......once I was getting one from Kmart and I had to return 2 because they didn't fit right.
    twinklstar

Answer by twinklstar at 1:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We had 3.... Graco, Britax and a Costco. Britax was the easiest for us. Get the kid in the carseat at the store. Buckle and unbuckle it, does it have easy latches? That was the killer for us as we took the car seat out a lot. Britax had really easy latch system.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Answered at 1:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 by: Rebecca75
    I have a Britax Marathon. It faces forward up to 65 Pd's. It has a 5 point harness, which is really important. I wouldn't go to a booster seat until you absolutely have to. There is a woman who's story about losing her two kids in a car accident due to the booster seats, it was posted here and I saw it on You tube. I would look into Britax.
    -------------------------------------------
    I have to agree with everything she said BUT Graco Nautilus is just as good as a Britax but more affordable.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Twinklestar is right! Take the floor model out to your car!

All of the seats meet the same requirements. The brands with the best customer reviews are Graco and Britax. The main differences between any seats are the "frills" - how pulsh is the seat, how easy to get the cover on and off for washings, how many cupholders, does it recline while installed. Some features won't be important to you, some will.

The most important thing is does it fit in YOUR car. With the seat installed, will your child have room for her feet between her own seat and the front seat in front of her? Take the floor model out to the car and try it out.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008