Do you have your tubes tied? Are you happy with your decision?

Im 24 , married and pregnant with my 3rd child. As much as id love to have more kids i dont think its in my plans. My husband doesnt think i should get my tubes tied because hes afraid i will regret it in the future, even though we are both satisfied with 3. I already talked to my Dr about it and said i want it done when this baby is born. But i cant help second guessing it....

MsBrazil86

Asked by MsBrazil86 at 7:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes and I am happy with my decision. I knew that it was time for me to stop having kids. My dh wanted more but I said that 3 was good. I knew what was best for me and felt good about my decision.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am very happy with my decision. But I was 40. I would wait if I were you. You are so young.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am 23, married and have 3 kids (all girls) I have the mirena IUD in right now and in 5 yrs when i have it taken out we are going to try for one more( DH would like to have a boy) but we have both agreed wether its a boy or a girl we are done with 4 kids. I think then i am going to get my tubes tide and DH is getting a vasectomy(i know a girl DH works with that got preggo with her tubes tide) so we are going to be extra careful LOL
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• no. My hubby is going to get a vasectomy soon. I have heard that the risks of the surgery are far less for him.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I had mine done and do not regret it. We were happy with two children. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have mine done I was 31 with 3 children but I was 100% sure that we were done having children. If you are second guessing I would look into other BC options until you were 100% sure that you are done.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I did and I am happy with the decision. I still get the occasional "I want another baby" ideas, but in reality I know we couldn't afford it. They pass with time. And I agree if you are second guessing don't do it. There are other forms of birth control avaliable.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, and yes. I was 26, was pregnant with my 5th, and had a heart condition. Sure, I've had baby fever, multiple times, but who doesn't? I have not regretted doing it once.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I did, and am happy with my decision, but I was 36 and have 5 kids. I seriously considered having it done after my 3rd at 28, but I am so glad I didn't! You are so young, I would look at IUDs at least for one (5 year) round.

Answer by missanc at 10:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't do it... You don't sound 100%. How about getting an IUD. Some last up to five years!! Maybe then your mind will be made up. I'm 24 years old, and know I couldn't make that decision just yet. I have two children and two step children. I'm done having kids for a while, but not sure about forever!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2011