do you think this is mean? would you do this to your child(ren)?

i read on facebook today a status update from this girl i barely knew in highschool but she added me and i just deciced to accept her friends request so as to not offend her or come off as bitchy. anyway she went on about how can her 2 year old be so bright but play in her own shit? she's 2 and should be potty-trained by now and it makes her so f*cking mad. then, one of her friends commented on it and said: i used to give mine a cold bath when they did that, they stopped pretty quickly! and she replied: yes i heard that and was thinking about doing it but my husband said it's too mean. he says he won't do it but i can.

so im just curious, do you think this is mean? bathing your 2 year old child in cold water when they have accidents?

please don't come back at me with "who are you to judge, it's her decision, her life" etc. i realize all of that. i'm not being judgmental, i don't plan on saying anything to her. i am just CURIOUS what others think about it and if any of you have done it. i am going to stick my neck out here when i say that i think it is mean...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• the child is 2....how can she be so stupid?? kids potty train at all different ages. Yes I think she is evil. I wouldnt do that to 1 of my children!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sounds like a raging idiot to me! No, I would never do such a thing!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I really think that is abusive...and I also think it is horrible and ugly for a mom to be talking so poorly and ugly about her own child on FB. I like to brag on my children, the great and funny things they do, not bash them :( Poor babies!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No, cold baths have never been in my discipline arsenal. What her daughter is doing is not uncommon for children that age, and while it's gross, it's nothing to rage about or consider severely punishing a TWO YEAR OLD for. Ten years old? Sure. Two? Not so much.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• WOW really. Sounds to me like she needs a damn cold shower....just saying.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think putting a two year old (or any age child) in a cold bath qualifies as abuse.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My 2 yr old played in her poop and i NEVER once even thought about punishing her for it. Kids are curious especially a 2 yr old. You have to explain to them(in a way they can understand) that poop is dirty and its bad to play with it.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• first of all i see it as pointless. how is a child going to associate the bath punishment with the shitting? they are just gonna think.."damn mommas a moron, she don't know how to use hot water" ..i also think this is a form of child abuse and the daddy needs to step in and make the mom take a cold shower.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• that's really horrible!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Instead she needs to get her own head out of her butt and dress her child so that she CAN'T get to her poop. And a child that has an accident isn't fully potty trained....unless they are sick.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011