Why do some people often quote the bible and say "don't judge me" but can't quote John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.?

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 12:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The same reason some Non-Christians know the Bible better than some Christians? . Some have studied it, some have not, some cherry pick it and only take what they want from it or twist it's meanings. It's based on the individual.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• biblical illiteracy, even Christians just aren't picking up their Bibles enough to really know what they are reading. We were just learning about this last night. Even my children can say John 3:16 and I know they've had to memorize Romans 10:9 also. The people that don't want to be judged really don't care what either verse has to say. And I really have no interest in judging anyone thats Gods place.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• because most non chrsitain believe but they just tell there self they dont so when they quote the bible they are using God but dont want to admitt to theirselfs that he is real , take thomas pain one of the biggest athetist ever he even wrote books on not believing in God than on his death bed he said the God i said did not exist is now the God i go unpreparedto meet
    Anonymous

• http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/ignorantthought2/Funny/thBang_Head_On_Desk.gif

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• :) heh.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• John 3:16 i believe talks about how God gave us Jesus and had him die for our sins

Romans 10:9 about how Jesus rose from the dead....not to sure going to go check now...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Who says they can't?

I'm not Christian. Your Bible doesn't apply to my belief, it applies to yours--its not my job to follow it.

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 2:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Oh and the Scriptures. John 3:16
    For God so loved the world he sent his one and only son that whoever shall believe in him shall not perish.
    and
    Romans 10:9
    That if you confess with your mouth "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that the Lord raised him from the dead you shall be saved.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yeah I'm an atheist that knows Bible versus! It's not that shocking
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• And NO Anon it does not mean that I secretly know God is real just don't want to admit it or that I will admit to it on my death bed. Think of it as a "keep your friends close your enemies closer" type of thing. I need to know the Bible and what it talks about if I'm going to disagree with it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008