Should I have another baby?

My DF & I already have an almost 4 year old, who is the light of my life. I had a very unhappy pregnancy but that was due to alot of weight gain & unhealthy eating habits, which I'm still paying for now (extra weight) I am happy with one child & have started to get back into shape. I want to make DF happy but he is the only one (family wise) that say we should have another. I am not completely against the idea like I was 6 months ago... Help!

KristensMoM305

Asked by KristensMoM305 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Having another child is something that both of you need to decide together. You can't do it to make DF happy, or not do it because others in your family don't want you to. You both have to want to have another child.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am not completely against the idea like I was 6 months ago...
    ok,
    you are leaning toward the idea of having another child,
    but "not completely against" is not same as saying "I am completely for the idea"
    when you can state this, then you are ready to try for another child
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i think you should ait until you are ready and the time is right just sit don and talk to your husband you weither wait to have another child that you ant to focus on your weight right now
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• iagree with everyone else.. if you are not 100% sure then dont do it... i gained 50 lbs with my first and my 2lnd and it was super difficult to take off and because of that i shied away from trying for a 3rd for awhile bc i was afraid... if the weight thing is whats holding you back just know that u can control due to a better diet and more exercise ( although I know its easier to say than actually do it ) but if the thought of a 2nd child in general is freaking you out than i think you need to do some deeper thinking as to if this is what you really want
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Just wait, its your body that has to go thru the changes. Just wait, the time will come.. and if it never does... You have a wonderful child as well.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't do it unless you are 100% for the idea. It is important to take into consideration how a new baby would affect your financial situation, your child you currently have, your work (if you work), your marriage, etc.etc. As my son gets older, I have become more open to the idea of more kids...especially when I saw him being SOOOOO sweet to a little baby the other day. Regardless, you don't want to have a child for someone else. YOU need to be onboard too.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011