I think I am losing my sense of taste. This happen to anyone else?

I rinsed my mouth out with water this morning.. I could feel the water but could not taste it... then my coffee does not have have a strong taste like it usually does.. I can still smell it just fine.. it's weird..

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• Did you burn your mouth even a little bit yesterday? I once burnt my mouth with a hot drink, just a little, I barely noticed it and I could barely taste for a week.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have when I was coming down with a virus.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hi Leah_rai. No.. didn't burn my mouth yesterday. :( thank you for answering.
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• When I was preggo with DD. I was coming down with a cold and one minute im chomping down on a nice tasty club sandwich and the next I can barely taste it. I chalked it up to preggo things. I go to brush my teeth and again I can barely taste. I was like, What the heck!!

A few hours later I couldnt even cry while cutting onions. I went to the ER. LoL They gave me antibiotics.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Have you recently been sick or have had nasal drainage (like when it goes in your throat and not out your nostrils)? I was sick and had nasal drainage for about 2 weeks - I lost my sense of taste for about a month.

On a side note, we all lose our sense of taste as we age. Although, it's more gradual and what your asking leads me to believe this has been recently.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2011