Does anyone else know?

Cuz CM wouldn't answer me.

My sister's family is living with us right now. We only have my computer to share, so she was using my PC to access her acct on CM. But CM wrote me and said I have multiple accounts therefore they are deleting the other one (my sister's).

I explained the situation and asked what other options there were for us or if we could just share the account together, which doesn't seem right, either. But they gave me no explanation other than "We cannot differentiate between the accounts".

My question is what difference does it make if we're using the same computer? She now has to go to the library and set up a new account from scratch (for no real reason).

Anyone have any clue what the problem is? Other websites like FB and Myspace don't care, why should this one?

It isn't fair to assume things esp when I explained it. And given there's been no complaints/reports about either of us, which there aren't. We're using difft email addresses and for all they know its being accessed from a public computer, but they didn't answer me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Good question, sounds like bs to me
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 3:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would think that as long as you are using different email accounts if shouldn't matter. What if you were using a public computer? Does that mean that only 1 person per computer can has an account?

Are you using different email addresses?
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wonder if it would help if you set up your computer to delete your cookies each time you close your browser. This is usually the way libraries have their computers set up.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That doesn't make sence, especially since you and your sister would have different names in addition to different e-mail addresses. Did she set up her account after she moved in with you? That might be causing the problem. A number of group owners have a second profile that's just the group's profile. I had to ask permission first before setting my group's up because they are accessed from the same computer and both under my name. They got back to me the same day, though. My best suggestion is to have your sister also try to contact them and you do the same. As long as the account isn't closed yet, you still have time.

Also, it's super easy to set up your computer to automatically delete out cookies when you close your browser.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm going to guess it's because some people make up "alter" profiles, which they use to cause trouble.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am sorry, this makes no sense to me. My DD lives with me, has an account and uses my computer...all is fine. I don't get it?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Keep after them about it. They do allow multiple account from a single computer, group owners use them. It could be nothing more than they weren't aware there are two accounts on the computer. If you can convince them you are two people then they can reinstate her account with everything intact. You can also try using two different browsers for your separate accounts. Be sure it's only a duplicate account issue. They would have had a reason to look at the accounts in the first place. they don't just randomly start deleting (usually)
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• @Dalimonster...EXACTLY what I told my sister, what if more than one person is accessing CM on the library computers throughout the day and you'd have no idea about it and got deleted on the assumption you were using more than one login just because it the site was being accessed from the same location? There has be more thought to it than that, omg
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• that may an idea. What a pain lol. I thought maybe it happened cuz she logged on rite after I logged off so maybe it looked a bit odd, but I did explain why. But now if she wants to use this site, she really has no choice for the time being but to login as me or not use the site and thats not fair to her. We didn't do anything wrong. Messed up that CM wouldn't answer us or be more understanding, either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• @hotmama... she's already been deleted and all the work she put into her profile is gone just like that. I don't know why CM never got back to us or just assumed both accounts were the same person. Many households, dorms, librarys, etc share a computer nowadays, it shouldn't be assumed that every single computer is only used my one person.

@salexander... I don't get it either. Only thing I can think of is that maybe we signed in too close too each other in time. Had she waited a couple hours, maybe it wouldn't have popped up on their "radar" as something noticeable and possibly something to worry about. I can't see what CM has accomplished.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2011