Does your husband go to the ER, ever?

I think I could only get mine to go if he were unconscious. He tries to delude himself into "It's not THAT serious.". I'll spare you the details.

Are they all like this?

JZ10FPM

Asked by JZ10FPM at 9:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• LOL (although it isn't funny) - mine is the same! The last time he was in an ER, he was bleeding from his EYE (yuck0. It was high blood pressure and a capillary in his eye lid had ruptured....and I had to MAKE him go. Cause that's nothing to worry about - bleeding from your eye.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My husband has never been to the ER, but has never needed to.
    sukainah

Answer by sukainah at 9:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Only if he is bleeding so bad that a bandaid won't contain it.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• yes my husband has 2 herniated discs but wont go see his chiropractor bc according to him we dont have the money for the co-pay ( we do) he also wouldnt do the recommended treatment ... he used to get boils and when i told him to go see a dr.. he told me no hes fine.. tooth hurt wouldnt see a dentist... theyre all the same...crazy lol
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, a couple of times when he was injured and had an infection from a bug bite. No other choices then!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes. DH goes if he needs to. If he has a bad cut or crushed a limb or something. He goes when it is needed. I think some of us go to the ER too often, when it isn't really needed. DH will also go to the doc when needed.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My husband had no choice but to go last year. He was having a serious allergic reaction to an antibiotic. He is usually hard headed and will not go.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Even when he shot a nail into his thigh using a nail gun, he didn't go. He DID call his doc who met him at his office after hours and gave him a tetanus shot & Rx for antibiotics, but nope, no ER, he pulled it out himself. Now me on the other hand...I've been to the ER 5 times in the last 2 years. Blech.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Mine will go if he absolutely has to otherwise he makes an appointment with his primary.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No, he needs to go and have a prostrate screening done because hes over 50 and he says he doesnt want to know if he has it even though I have told him they could catch it and cure it. Men are so hard-headed
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011