how much is too much..

usually on fridays after school i take my 2 boys to burger king for a happy meal.. is once a week too much for this type of food? i normally cook all the other nights and while im not a gourmet chef i try to cook as healthy as i can... is once a week a big deal or am i stressing for no reason

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't see anything wrong w/ it, as long as they're eating healthy throughout the week. In the happy meal they usually have apples instead of fries, that would ''help out'' even a little lol .... hey, i love there apples w/ caramel! =P It's a good treat for your kids, especially if they deserve it!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You're probably stressing for no reason. It's crap, but if they're not eating hot dogs and nuggets for most of their meals the rest of the week, I don't see a reason to get stressed out over Burger King once a week.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't think once a week is too often, but if it is concerning you, make it every other week and make something special at home for the Friday nights you don't go.
    sukainah

Answer by sukainah at 9:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't see it as a big deal, but then again, that's our Saturday treat when we go out on our family fun day. Most kids are active. Mine are even with their Saturday treat...I wouldn't worry so much about it...but that's just me.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Not a big deal....does someone else think it is? Or is your MommyHat on a little too tight?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Tough one.
    Everyone knows that fast food like that is never good for you, but most everyone eats it every once in a while. I agree with sukainah, if it's bothering you, I'd cut it back.
    maybe they can take turns picking the menu as a treat or something, maybe make bake goods, something else special.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You are stressing for no reason.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You are stressing for now reason. Once a week is actually great if you are going to go. It's a treat for them and I think that it's nice to add a varity of that kind of food in the diet. It keeps the body working properly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I know people that go through drive-thru's on a daily basis. I also know parents that didn't treat their kids to anything that's not healthy and sometimes those kids binge as teenagers when they can make their own choices. Now, I would take them to lots of different places and expand their taste buds - there are lots of good junk food places around :D
    newtocooking

Answer by newtocooking at 11:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I always took my kids once a wk when they were little. I didn't see anything wrong with it. None ever had health problems or got fat from it. Kids use alot of energy so a little extra something won't hurt.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2011