What can I make with ground chicken? Looks just like hamburger!

Ive never had it before so I dont know what to make.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Ground chicken is great because it has less fat. Just made some fiesta chili that was wonderful. brown the chicken with some onion - I stir the chicken while it's browning so the pieces are finer - drain chicken a little. Then put in any chili seasoning mix and stir. add any can of chopped tomatoes in your pantry and a can of tomatoe sauce. Look in the frig and see what veggies you have that you'd like in your chili and chop them all up. See what beans are on the shelf - black beans, pinto, kidney beans are my favorite but I usually put in a couple different kinds of beans. Put in a bag of frozen veggies or canned corn and anything else that looks interesting. Just started serving this over brown rice and love it this way. Add a little corn bread and the troups will be happy! bon appetite.
    newtocooking

Answer by newtocooking at 11:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hamburger helper, Spaghetti, tacos, and really anything that calls for ground beef. I buy it often.

Answer by gemgem at 9:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I've made meatloaf, chili, burgers, tacos...anything I would use hamburger or turkey for.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Basically anything you can make with Hamburger.
    The first thing that comes to my mind is Chicken Tacos.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The issue with ground chicken is usually texture, ground chicken can get rubbery. I usually add in some finely chopped vegetables sauteed in butter for a little extra lubrication, an egg and some bread crumbs soaked in milk, maybe a little grated Parmesan, and make chicken loaf or "chicken balls".
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• ok
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You can substitute ground chicken for ground beef - but chicken is a lot more lean so you may have to add some fat.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• we buy ground chicken and ground turkey constantly, we haven't had beef in our home for about 5 years now, it's alot healthier, and the only issue i've had with the texture was when we tried to cook it with water and then it got a little funny but if you just use it like ground beef and cook it normal, you should have no issues with any recipe, and there will be alot less grease.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• ANYTHING you make ground beef with you can use ground chicken or even ground turkey with. My cousin makes ground chicken "burgers" and her kids like those better than beef ones.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011