Baby's day?????

My son is 4 1/2 months old and after breakfast in the mornings I let him watch KERA (sid the science kid, sesame street, barney, etc.) until nap time. then after nap time we have tummy time and fishy mat time, then for the rest of the day he switches between fishy mat, bouncy chair, and of course I hold him and chat with him too, but sometimes I feel like he's not given much variety, does it sound like I'm doing good or should I be doing different things during the day for him? I know he's only 4 and 1/2 months and they don't do much at this age anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 9:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't let my kid watch any television at that age. He doesn't even get that much now and he's almost 3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think you have a nice routine. It sounds like he gets enough excersise and visual stimulation. Always interact with him even when he's doing other things like Mat time. That way he's always getting that human to human interaction. I think you're doing great though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Other than the tv sounds good. You have a good routine going and that is what they need. I don't think at that age they need any tv, but that is just me. I would put on some baby music instead and do something else.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 10:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If he's happy then you're doing fine. My 6mo gets up, has his bottle and then just does whatever he wants until he falls asleep. He spends his day playing on the floor. He crawls around, pulling DVDs down and trying to escape into the kitchen (he's only doing the army crawl so far but practicing every day to crawl for real). Then I switch out the toys he has to play with every couple of hours. At some point in the day I put him in his jumper toy for about 20 minutes. By then he gets bored. If it's a Sunday we watch football. He LOVES football. He watches for the trains that run past our house and when they come by I open the blinds on the patio door so he can see. He takes his naps (now in his bed instead of on the floor). I hold him if he acts like he wants that but mostly he just plays. He also has a big sister to play with (a few of them and a big brother when they aren't in school). He's happy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• justanotherjen.....do u just do your thing then while he's doing his, or are you playing with him all day? Because sometimes I do things I need to do around the house or chill for a few minutes, as long as he's happy, but I feel guilty!
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• it's tough, right? it doesn't tell you in baby books WTF to do with them all day!!!!!!!! I went thru the same thing. As long as the milestones are being met and there's some smiles, etc etc you're doing just fine
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You are doing great honey ♥♥♥♥♥

Your baby sounds, WELL LOVED and has a great amount of attention ♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011