how can i encourage my husband to start eating healthier?

anytime i want to he always knocks me off track buy bringing in pepsi and junk..so i lose focus too. i really would like to but its so hard when he is going behind my back bringing in stuff

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• by..not buy..lol
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My husband was raised in a household that ate ALOT in general, and things not always good for you. I was raised the other way around.I was in the same situation you are in and gained some weight. I finally stopped buying anything I thought was crap. If he wanted it he had to go and physically buy it for himself. Sometimes he does, most times he doesnt though. He has lost 40 lbs in 6 mths just by changing our diets. Did he complain>? Sure he did. I just said I am not buying it anymore. I am not cooking it anymore.

Answer by gemgem at 10:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It took me years and years of introducing lots of different foods in lots of different ways to get my husband to enjoy healthy eating. He still also loves his Mtn. Dew, but I refuse to buy it for him. If he wants it, he buys it and there isn't much I can do about it, but I know he's getting a well-balanced diet because I buy and prepare all the food. He has naturally cut back some on the Mtn. Dew just realizing how much better he feels when he is eating healthy.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Cook healthy.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I cook healthy diet meals that are delicous, so DH doesn't complain, make some things that are healthy AND man-friendly and he'll have no idea. As for him bringing in crap, you can only do so much when it comes to him, but when it comes to you, you can totally make the right choices. Some of the healthy diet meals I make that DH loves are stuffed peppers (I use Boca crumbles instead of ground beef and he has no idea), white chicken chili, escarole and beans, chicken fajitas, grilled spicy chicken over salad, pork tenderloin, even some lean beef once in a while. I make huge portions of delicous veggies, roasted asparagus, roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts, and at least 4 times a week a salad too. I generally do not make a starch with dinner. I always have the Brita filled with nice cold water in the fridge, I get turkey bacon instead of regular, whole grain bread, I keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge...lots of options.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• mine tells me he wants to eat healthy and then has 2 huge helpings of spag and meatballs....ahh well not my problem. I eat heathly he just has to do it himself.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You but the greocerys and cook Healthier. Soon he will start. It took me 4 yrs to get my hubby to do so.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Do you ask him not to do that? I always tell my husband please hide it. He is a grown up he knows what he has to do to eat healthier.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 10:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Take out a really big life insurance policy on him. Ask him to please be kind enough to either eat healthy and grow old with you, or die soon so you will be young enough to find a hottie to share the insurance money with you.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Tell him abou Juice Plus. 17 different fruits and veggies in a capsule or soft-chew ( my hubby loves the soft-chews).
    The body craves more of whatever you give it. Most people start eating more friuts and veggies when they take Juice Plus, but even if you don't, you are getting all that nutrition in a convenient capsule anyway.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 8:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011