for or against it and why?

this is not to start a argument so lets be mature people but i do wana know how others feel.

Do you believe that people who are gay should be allowed to marry? I dont see a problem with it all they want is to be able to love each other and have the right to make choices in case something was to happen to there loved one. We are allowed to care for our spouse and cover them on insurence why not them? Big deal that they are the same sex they still love each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Hell yeah they should be allowed to marry!! If church and state should be separate why is it illegal anyway? The two don't make any sense to me. Every person no matter sexual orientation should be allowed to marry whoever they please.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 1:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think that everyone has a right to love and be loved. I don't think that there should be laws preventing certain marriages or stating that you have to be man and woman to marry. Yes, it is a religious issue, however, isn't it the Government who wants religion out of schools, and off the money? Personally, I don't see why two people no matter their gender can't get married. If they can say no to that, then couldn't they say no to interracial marriage too? Because it's simply taboo. Gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone and it's selfish of straight people to not "allow" them to be married.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• it's your life y should anyone tell you how to live it
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I am not for it but if someone loves someone you can not help that, I guess I am not that against it.
    But that is not for me. I hate to say this but it says in the bible it is a sin, but I truly believe that if you include God in your life and you are gay let God make that decision. He is the final judge.
    So live your life happy and enjoy. In this world we can not make no one happy there will always be something else to complain about.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I believe they should have the same rights and privileges as I do. Love is love. It doesn't make straight people's marriages any less valid or meaningful so why not? Some people want to villanize gay people by trying to say they are depraved and ungodly. I personally know quite a few gay couples that are just as (if not more so) committed to their partners.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Its their biz i do not tell them what to do when to do it how to do it.. they r adults and can make their own choices. If being with someone from the same sex makes u happy then so be it. just bc someones gay doesnt mean they dont have the right to be happy. I think about if my son or daughter were gay. i wouldnt change them for anything i would want them to be happy no matter what.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i think they should be able to, GOD creatd us and he loves us,we will have to answer to him in the end. as long as the married couple are in love and treat eachother right and also love and belive in GOD i think its ok and we should not be the judges of who can and can not get married
    refof5

Answer by refof5 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• This doesnt seem like a "Just for Fun" question?

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I am against it because it goes against the natural way of things. Marriage is special and should not be made a mockery of by allowing gay people to get married. They should not get benefits of married people, nor should SO/BF/ whatever you want to call a man who is not your husband. Marriage takes a commitment that only marriage provides, regardless of what that "piece of paper" crowd wants to believe.
    There is no changing my mind on this and I don't care if you call me names. I can take it. But remember, she asked for our opinions, not an argument.

Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I cannot figure out the difference between the civil unions, which are already common, and marriage. ... I totally get that gay partners had problems with sharing health coverage, being allowed into a loved one's hospital room, sharing property ownership, etc. I am under the impression that all these issues are solved with civil unions. Is that false? So what else is left? ... Is there some quiet agenda going on? Unless there are some other hidden results of being married, why is it SO important to be able to "marry" and on the other hand SO important to prevent them from marrying? What am I missing?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008