I'm feeling fat and blue so don't bash me please

I'm at home with a toddler ans baby. I love being here & taking care of them but am feeling lost among the fussing whining and laundry. I want to do something for myself to make me feel better but every five seconds I'm on call for one of them or both. There is no help. I'm so tired of being sluggish fat & tired. I just exist and don't feel alive anymore. I have no friends. I need to do something for myself but they take up every minute. The baby is fussing/crying right now. I feel invisable/yet a lot like a robot.

babiesandkids

Asked by babiesandkids at 10:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• (((hugs!!!))) I am so sorry! Believe it or not, but I understand exactly how you feel! I remember very clearly having 2 little ones (mine are 15 mos apart), just transferred to a new duty station where we didn't really know anyone, no family in the area, and feeling so overwhelmed by it all! There were more days than I want to think about where my dh would come home from work and the house would still be a mess, none of us dressed, and all 3 of us crying on the couch, because I just couldn't get them to both stop crying at the same time for long enough to do anything... It was miserable, and I felt like as much as I loved my kids, and loved being home with them, and loved my dh, it stll in a lot of ways felt like my life was just one big hell of dirty diapers, dirty dishes, dirty laundry, and start all over again...

BUT - and I know that right now this probably doesn't help - BUT - I promise you

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm so sorry. I know that place. It doesn't help to hear that it will get better...but it will. Get someone to watch them for a couple hours...husband, boyfriend, friend, mom, grandma. If you can't find a friend to spend time with then go see a late movie alone or have a pedicure. Just sit in a quiet bookstore or library and read something you enjoy while sipping some herbal tea. Go for a walk. Go for a bike ride. Go for a drive. Just do SOMETHING that is only about you and your needs.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• toddler and baby have to nap right? You should try a nice hot bath while they are sleeping and pamper your body. after the bath put on some nice smelling lotion and look in the mirror and say to your self " your one hot mama " =)
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• cont

I promise you - it DOES get better! They get older, you will get more time for yourself (though you should try, if you can, to make some time for yourself now - even if it's asking your dh to take them to McD's playland or whatever, just so if nothing else, you could go soak in a tub with a good book.). But anyway - I do promise that it does get better! My kids are now just turned 18 and 16 1/2, and it's still busy, but in a much different way. I have more time for myself and to do the things I want to do, and you will, too! Right now, in some ways, you probably feel like every day lasts as long as a year, but before you know it, those years are going to have gone by, and it's not going to be so physically hard!

Also - don't be afraid to throw them in the stroller or in a backpack and walk - walk around the block. Go walk the mall. Something. Trust me, it might not seem like much but it will help!

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• LOL mistik....thank you! Although my toddler is out of naps.
    babiesandkids

Comment by babiesandkids (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thank you sailorwife. I know these times are precious and I don't want to remember them this way.
    babiesandkids

Comment by babiesandkids (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry you are going through this. I promise it will get easier. I was in the same boat as you just a few years ago. I know it is hard to believe, but I miss those times. The only time I see or hear from my kids now, is when they want something. Lol. I'm here if you need to talk. Just message me. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I really feel your pain. ((Hugs))
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011