Do you add powder formula to your LO baby food to make sure they are getting the right amount for their development?

My doc suggested we do this with our daughter (10 months) to ensure she gets the proper amount of formula intake for her development since she will only take 4 oz of liquid formula. I have tried it and she eats it down with no problem. I suggested it to my sister who is having the same problem with her 9month old son and she acted like I was poisoning my daughter. Just curious on your opinion. NO BASHING OR I WILL DELETE. Everyone parents differently, doesn't make them a bad parent or wrong.

momma2JD

Asked by momma2JD at 1:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the doc, who is educated and knows better than some random non medically education mother (key words here, are MEDICALLY EDUCATED) thinks it's ok, I'd have to trust the doctor. I think what you are doing is absolutely no different than giving vitimans. Well, it sound a heck of a lot easier! My daughter hates the taste of vitimans. I always added formula (mixed, though) to cereal/oatmeal for the extra nutrients. It seems like a great idea to me.
    Anonymous

• I have thought about the same thing! My son wants to eat and doesn't want to drink much.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 1:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i don't think a little extra nutrition could ever be bad. moderation is key with everything, but i think it'll actually say on some baby food that you can add bm or formula to it to make it tastier for the baby.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 1:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I add breast milk to my babies cereal. It is more familiar to them in taste and smell and they are more likely to eat it. Rice cereal has no flavor, and is strange to babies. I see nothing wrong with adding to your babies cereal formula, or breast milk
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008