HAS TO BE WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 15 weeks and 4 days preg and i weigh myself nude daily like 3 times a day and my scale is digital and it always says like 109 to like 111 but i went to my ob appointment today and got weighed on their old school scale that isnt digital and it says ive gained weight and that im 117 so what do i believe? obv i had clothes on but nothing that weighed alot.

What do you think???

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 10:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, medical scales are calibrated regularly, so theirs is more likely to be correct.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think unless you are high risk and were told not to gain a lot of weight that you should enjoy your pregnancy.
    Stop weighing yourself 3 times per day, hell, don't even do it daily. You're setting yourself up to have a horrid pregnancy if you are that concerned about your weight.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think your being obsessive about your weight. Keep a journal of your weight with your scale and compare the weight gain with the docs scale. Some scales are off, but if you keep the weights written down for both scales, you can get an average of what you are gaining. Dont be obsessive about your weight, just eat right and enjoy the ride.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 10:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think you need to stop obsessing about your weight. Weighing yourself daily is NOT healthy. It doesn't matter if their scale is right or not, they are just measuring your gain.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Replace the batteries in your scale and see if that helps. Next time you go to the Dr. ask the nurse to put both weights on the scale to the far left. The arrow at the far right should be balanced in the middle..not resting at the top or bottom. If is is in the middle that means the scale is calibrated.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• they said the scale is calibrated what does that mean?????
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would be much more concerned about having a healthy, active pregnancy, and eating a well balanced diet than the numbers on any scale....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Calibrated means it is checked to make sure that it reports the correct weight. It's very easy for home scales to get out of calibration and report incorrect weights. Even when digital! Very likely the home scale is wrong.

Now, unless there is some worry about your weight, PUT THE SCALE AWAY. Stop weighing yourself. There's NO NEED.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My Dr.'s scales always say more than mine. I trust those more than the store bought ones though. I see no need to weigh three times a day , or even once a day. Just eat healthy and take care of yourself and the baby. Congrats also!!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Your pregnant YOU are going to gain weight..... just wait till you are 30 weeks you will have doubled in size.. When you are pregnant gaining wait is a given!! You should know this. I think its funny you are flipping at 117lbs! That is nothing!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2011