Do you beleive in ERF and extended harnessing?

With all the info out thier now I believe in both and will keep my DD rear facing till she is 35 lbs and then she will be in a harness till she is 60-85 depending on the seat we get next.

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes I do!!!! My son is 3 years old, 30 lbs, and 39" tall and still rides very happy rear facing. My daughter is 15 months, 20 lbs and 31" and of course rear facing just like her big brother. My son will be rear facing until he reaches 35 lbs. So if that means 4 years old so be it. And after he reaches 35 lbs he will then be ridding forward facing in a 5 point harness until he reaches 80 lbs. Which is the highest weight limit 5 point harness made at the moment. Not until after all that will he go into a booster seat.

This is my site I hope it can help somebody out.

Answer by Haynes_mommy at 12:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2008

• Rear facing until then is great and in theory 60-85 lbs in a harness is fantastic EXCEPT when my son is nearly 4'10, 10 years old and just weighs over 60 lbs. Not very reasonable to keep a 9 - 10 year old in a car seat. He stayed in his booster seat until about 9. The seat hits the back of his knees in the seat and he wears his seatbelt without it hitting his cheek.

Answer by WatchGirl29 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I do 1000000% :)

Answer by CarSeatJunkie at 8:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• absolutely!

Answer by MAMAtoTW0 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2008