mommies- how old were your children when you started to potty train?

how long did it take?

savannahnhi

Asked by savannahnhi at 1:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son was about 20months and by the time he was about 2 and half he was completly potty trained.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I didn't really train mine. I waited until they were ready and pretty much trained themselves. I had tried with my 1st and got so stressed out about it, I had to stop. He was 3 1/2 but trained himself in one weekend. My youngest is 3 and just trained himself in one day (not kidding). They both just up and decided on their own to become big boys.

I suppose it's all up to how much you can handle.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• my son was 18 months and he was 3 when he was fully potty tranined. my daughter was 18 months also when i started her and she is 2 now and she is going the bathroom ok
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 1:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• 10 to 12 months we started working on it a little atleast... and they were out of diapers at 14 months ... 22 months....20 months...and i am working on the last little guy now...he is 23 months
    twinklstar

Answer by twinklstar at 1:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We started at 18 months but now at 22 months she isn't really into wanting to go potty on the potty . We will wait alittle longer.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My son is 2 1/2 years old, and we started trying only about two months ago. He hadn't shown any interest before that, and I wanted to wait until he was ready so it would make it easier on both of us. He's doing it at his own pace, and I am perfectly fine with that. If it takes a year to potty train him, then it takes a year. When he's ready to go on the potty full time he will, and I'm not going to push it.
    punkmama27

Answer by punkmama27 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It depends on what you mean by "started potty training".
    I bought the little potty at about 12 months and started sometimes reading little potty training picture books to her.
    At about 18 months, I also started telling her how mommy used the potty and not diapers and that one day soon she would too.
    At about 22 months, it was warm enough to let her run around the back yard with no pants. That helped her make the connection between the feeling of peeing and the actual pee.
    All along, I encouraged her to sit on her potty occasionally. She would sit down and then quickly jump up and run away. Since I wasn't going to force her and hold her down on the potty, I left it at that.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• At about 26 months, she suddenly was willing to sit on the potty and made the connection between the "need to pee" feeling and sitting on the potty to pee.
    She's 27 months now and wears panties all day except for naps and night. Yes, we have accidents and she still is resisting pooping in the potty (she waits until she has a diaper and is in bed for the night) but she is doing very well with next to no pressure or work on my part. Yeah!
    kaycee14

• Mine son was 22m when we started he is now 27m and he is almost trained even pooping and night time!!! WE just have a accident here and there but not all the time. I have a 10m old and i'm going to start her in july when she is 19m old.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 3:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I potty trained all four of mine at age 2 usually less than a week after their second birthday, of course the concepts and talking about it started around 18 months.  It lasted a grueling couple of weeks, but the end result was they were potty trained night and day, no more diapers, just underwear.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008