do you thinking working mom is "part-time mom"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• It is a Full time job 24/7.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You are either a mom or you are not a mom. Employment status has nothing to do with it.
    Anonymous

• No, I think that term is offensive. You don't call working dads part-time dads, do you?

And BTW, I'm a SAHM.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think in some ways the working mom's have it harder. I have all day to get my housework done and get the kids what they need. A working mom has to come home after work and do in a few hours everything I've had all day to do. You never stop being a mom, so no I wouldn't agree with the term "part time mom". Even when you're working you're thinking about your kids and loving them.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• this has been asked before and its sad. all moms are moms. working is taking care of your kids too. some people dont have a choice. i am a SAHM and i feel lucky, not superior.
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Woo Hoo to Abgmomof2! Thanks!
    I am a working mom, so I obviously don't think I'm a part-time mom.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 1:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yes.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• yes, we are part time moms? Really, so if your SO works full time, is he a part time dad? Nice, that must make him feel great after he busts his ass all day you have the PRIVELAGE of staying at home... why don't you tell him tonight that he is a part time dad and let us know how he reacts
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Wow, I don't think there is such thing as Part Time. How about a 24 hour mom, because even when I'm sleeping I'm not really sleeping because if I hear the baby cry I'm up in a second.
    labybug007

Answer by labybug007 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• No. I leave home AFTER my kids are on the bus, and I get home an hour after they get off the bus. So is a SAHM with kids in school then considered a Part-time mom???
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008