birth control ?

im having a baby in may & i dnt plan to have another one for a longgg time haha

whut would be the best form of birth control ?

i was on the nuva ring when i got pregnant , so i cnt trust it . =P

benjaminsmadre

Asked by benjaminsmadre at 11:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had an IUD last. BC pills always made me sick.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Iud of some sort. Stay away from depo!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i am on the pill
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• depends on if you are going to BF. talk to your doc about your choices theres IUD, mirena, norplant, depo, pills and possibly others. its about what your comfortable with and their effectivness and also side effects on you and if your are going to BF your milk supply.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• IUDs can be great if you want something long lasting that's instantly reversible when the time is right. I am on my second Mirena, which is good for up to 5 years (Paragard, the non-hormonal one, is good for up to 10 years). I love it! When I had the first one removed, we conceived less than a month later. I also had no trouble nursing with Mirena (though some people do, so be aware of that). It's very simple to have put in and removed, and you can have it removed anytime within the 5 years if you decide it's time for another baby. Plus, it is THE most effective form of birth control, even above surgical methods (like a tubal ligation or vasectomy). It's the leading form of birth control among health care providers.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• if you were on BC when you got pregnant, sounds like you may be more fertile than most.
    I always liked the diaphram, and never had any trouble with 'forgetting it'.
    that and I always liked condoms.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The BEST IUD is Paragard..hormone-free and lasts 10 years, with minimal to no side effects. Unlike the Mirena, which has hormones and causes more problems than not, for most people. I wouldn't recommend that piece of crap to anyone. Seriously..the ones who haven't gone through or didn't go through what myself and so many others have gone through with the Mirena are LUCKY. It's not common to be ok while having it..and that is just what I have seen from this site alone!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have had mirena for almost 4 years now with absolutely no problems. I'm getting it removed next week so that we can try for # 2, so we'll see how that goes. But I have zero complaints the entire time I've had it. My biggest problem with it was crazier than normal skin. (more breakouts than normal, but not crazy unmanageable) That's it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 2:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011