Endometreosis

Does anybody know anything about endometreosis. I was diagnosed with it yesterday and I am so confused about what is going to happen, how it is treated, and what it is exactly. All I know is I am constantly in really bad pain. I go to a specialist tomorrow... suggestions on what to ask? or does anybody know anything at all?

via86

Asked by via86 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• its the lining in the uterus that grows outside of the uterus and can actually grow on other organs. it is very painful. i would ask about fertility and treatment. heres a website that may help answer alot of questions. http://www.medicinenet.com/endometriosis/article.htm
    gl
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• thank you!!!!!
    via86

Comment by via86 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I developed endometriosis right after I had my son. It is so painful! They say it can cause infertility, but my doctor told me that since it was so easy to concieve my son (he wasn't planned), I shouldn't worry. I did notice that when getting pregnant with this baby, it took a LONGGGG time. I had surgery, its a laproscopic surgery and was very easy. It got rid of all the pain and helped a lot! A lot of women get endometriosis, so don't feel alone! Good luck girl!
    ARast

Answer by ARast at 12:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am only 24 and have 3 kids, I had a tubal liagation after my son, but I'm seeing things looking up for me and I was considering a reversal. But the way the doctor talked yesterday i may have to have a full hystorectomy... and I'm not sure how I feel now. It's almost like I'm mournin a child I've never been pregnant with :(
    via86

Comment by via86 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• hystorectomies are hard expecally if you are still so young. if you do have one you will grieve like you have lost a loved one. just like women that have lost a breast to cancer there will be a grieving process. alot of it has to do with the fact that its hard to accept you will never be able to have more kids. talk to your doc about your feelings they can help you through this and may have other options for you. i wish you the best.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011