Republican vs Democrat vs Liberal vs Conservative..

Are you sick of the bull crap finger pointing..

I am like seriously about to scream here..
GET OVER YOURSELVES.. TO EACH PARTY.. AND SAY NOW GET DOWN TO THE ISSUES AND FIX THEM.. I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHO DID WHAT.. NOW FIX IT!

Anyone with me??

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 12:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i agree in that politicians need to get over the "you guys did this, shame on you" rhetoric and get going in the "this is what happened, how do we fix it?" aspects of their job. so much energy is spent labeling and blaming that neither side is willing to even take the other sides opinions into account. yes, the sides have different ideas of what America needs to do, but that doesnt mean they cant figure out a way to make things work. of course it doesnt help that the media is always egging them on and that we keep voting them in.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yeah, lets just all blame the Catholics instead

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You mean like comparing conservatives or tea party people to terrorists? AHEM
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• it's a nice thought, but to fix things our legislators need to find common ground and that's more difficult when you have opposite ideals. Very little changes.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• When discussing POLITICS........ It's called a (say it with me..) FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE..... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• . It's all about coming together and making things work for the better of the country and not personally agenda or whatever else it may be

And some of our elected officials have a difference of opinion about what is 'for the better of the country'. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm mostly Rep/Cons. but I think even some of the stuff they do is totally screwed up. It's all about coming together and making things work for the better of the country and not personally agenda or whatever else it may be.
    Anonymous

• I'm over it too...I'm sick of people only coming on here to humiliate others & their beliefs.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• In terms of fundamental differences- too bad- they agreed to the job- now get to work. Brain surgery, rocket science, and dog catching is hard too. In fact, every job has it's obstacles to overcome, yet if you do not figure out a solution and produce you'll likely find yourself jobless (especially in this economy). It's why it's called WORK and not pleasure. Enough with the excuses....they took the job, now it's time to produce!

ITA, OP!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• GET OVER YOURSELVES.. TO EACH PARTY.. AND SAY NOW GET DOWN TO THE ISSUES AND FIX THEM.. I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHO DID WHAT.. NOW FIX IT!

***
    Okay, OP...let's hear your suggestions! AS grly mentioned solutions will ALWAYS come down to fundamental differences in how they are achieved, and with that, the two sides will NEVER agree!

Depending on how passionate you are about a particular topic affects the degree to which you will become involved.

I happen to LOVE political discussions and discourse....but it's not for everyone...hence the multitude of categories one may partake in, here on CM!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2011