TMI but I need help! adult content

My husband is gone on a business trip, he left yesterday and we just moved in last week. I am 28 weeks pregnant and this pregnancy has been going really well, except for my usual stress headaches. I woke up this morning with really bad pain (but I didn't sleep well last night because it was my first night without hubby). I went pee when I first woke up and there was a pinkish tint to it (I didn't freak out about that.) I bent over to pick something up and gushed a lot of fluid (clear). I ate some breakfast and sat down to relax and started having really bad pains that feel like contractions. I keep pooping, A LOT. I know its not constipation and the pains are killing me. Should I just wait it out? What can I do? I also have our 3 year old son with me, and nothing to do with him. I have a really bad headache and am feeling extremely nauseous. I keep feeling like I'm going to throw up. Any advice would be great!

Asked by ARast at 12:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call your DR to be sure.

Answer by khf22 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would call your dr. IMMEDIATLY!!!!

Answer by Ascott727 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• call the nurse the gush of fluid could have been a leak in your water or it could just be urine but the pains and the gush of fluid would cause me to call the docs office. i would be concerned.

Answer by laura970 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Gush of clear fluid?! Get to the hospital! Your water could have broke and u are still so early.

Answer by amber1330 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My contractions felt like constipation pains. You really should at least call your doc and probably go to the hospital so they can check if your water broke.

Answer by ashisamom at 12:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• wow -- go to the doc/L&D. get the heck off of the computer!

Answer by morethanme_you at 12:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sounds like you're going into labor. Go to dr

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hope you went and got checked and things worked out alright for you.

Answer by angelmine2011 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess a gush of fluid is ok as long as it is clear! All the pain and everything has stopped, except the fluid but its not as much anymore.

Comment by ARast (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would still go to an ER and get checked. There have been cases of women going into pre-term labor and not having too much pain at all. If you are still leaking fluid, it isn't a good sign, weather it is clear or not. Clear fluid is good because it means that the fetus has not passed any meconium (the first bowel movement) which is a sign of fetal distress. But the fact that you might be losing amniotic fluid is still nothing to ignore.

If I were you I would get seen by my OB/GYN, midwife or an ER doctor as soon as possible.

Answer by Branwen70 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2011