How many times in a school year does your school do picture day?

My dd brought home yet another form/letter saying they are doing another picture day in Feb! In Sept. they had pictures done & now next month they are doing pictures from Life Touch. Does your school system do this?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's crazy. Ours does them once a year, in late October. I grew up getting them done once a year too, in late September. If our school decided to do twice a year, they'd really hear about it - a lot of parents in our school can't afford the once a year as it is.
    Anonymous

• Yes, they do fall and spring pictures at my DD's school. They also did that when i went to school too, they always did pictures twice a yr.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• They started doing 2 - which I dislike!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my daughters school does one of just the child at the beginning of the year and a class one closer to the end of the year
    babylovebugs

Answer by babylovebugs at 12:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yep LifeTouch takes my kids school pictures too. They do the fall pictures and in the spring they do pictures as well- this time you can choose a pose and they usually have real backgrounds (not just a plain color). This is optional- you don't have to buy the pictures I think they do it for a 'fundraiser' and the schools get a %.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Our school does Fall and Spring and Christmas pics with Santa. I usually buy them once a year.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes. Lifetouch too - Fall Spring
    SLS2011

Answer by SLS2011 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• once
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 12:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• two, but I think thats becoming an antiquated practice in this age of digital cameras and the prices they are when you can just take your own for free.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Twice. Fall and Spring.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 12:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011