Anyone find it interesting

Iran, Venezuela, and Libya see no problem with $100+++ oil?

"None of the OPEC members find $100 concerning or irrational. Some of the OPEC members see no need for an emergency meeting even with prices at $110 or $120," Mirkazemi, OPEC president for 2011, told a news conference."

THEN add the Russian-China oil Pipeline opening AND Russia begins MASSIVE Arctic drilling project?

~~~~~~

Remember when it was easier to blame Bush?  So, now since liberal leaders are against many domestic drilling options, what's does the future hold for America?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I never blamed Bush. Nor do I currently blame Obama although on my sillier days I just might.
    Hmmm.....every time the US economy trickled up a bit, the barrel price rose a bit.
    Now, it doesn't even matter with our economy. Our economy is in the shitter and still the barrel price rises.
    where is that green shamrock lady when I need her. She thought she had all the answers to your questions awhile back.
    Hemp oil, yup that's the way to go. Hemp oil...................
    Maybe Sarah Palin and AK's oil reserves will rescue us in a few more years?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Wow Anon....thanks for playing! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My guess is very high prices for fuel.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Why would they see a problem with their profits going up, up, up?

I wonder why it's NOT okay for AMERICAN companies to make tons of profits at the expense of the poor, but it IS okay for OPEC to do it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• http://www.businessinsider.com/indias-booming-economy-shows-no-signs-of-slowing-2010-6

The rapid acceleration in the world's second-fastest growing major economy after China is boosting consumer demand far ahead of what can be met by existing supply capacity.

As long as countries with growing economies can afford these prices, the US complaints are moot. SOMEONE will buy high priced oil

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• America used to be the competitive hotbed of the world. Innovation~ at one time, we had the edge.... I foresee us losing what's left of our competitive edge at the hands of progressives who continue to hold us back...  We need to Drill domestically/offshore.  We need to encourage manufacturing, not push manufacturing away (federal regualtions/unions)....  We need to be more Competitive (and less apologetic)....

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Totally agree with you Grly!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• what's does the future hold for America?

A lot of concessions and deals we shouldn't be involved in as a last ditch effort to get re-elected 2 years from now?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Now wait a sec. Didn't we just have a 10 page blow up this morning about how inequitable this section is and then another question not 10 minutes after it closed complaining about partisanship and the lack of solutions? Anyone notice which POV is decidedly not representing an opinion in yet another policy-specific question? Wonder if maybe those drama threads wouldn't see so much action if more people actually answered the serious questions? But wait, I think we've had that discussion before, too...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/705161/Isnt_it_time_to_end

here ya go. some variety from the left.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011