Conception Date ??

If my dh and I made a love connection January 7 and I am indeed pregnant what would my date of conception be? Call me crazy but I do not understand those conception calculator things and when would my due date be? I have an appointment scheduled with the doctor for Monday but I am super impatient and want to know lol . Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You go back to the first day of your last period and count forward 40 weeks.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Your conception date would be within a few days of the 7th. I saw within a few day because sperm can live for a few days and if you didn't ovulate for a few days after that then you wouldn't have conceived for a few days after. That being said most doctors use the inaccurate method of the first day of your last menstrual period plus 40 weeks for a due date. I saw this is inaccurate becuase it makes one big assumption and that is that all women have 28 day cycles and ovulate on day 14. This is in no way true for even the majority of women. I have on average 32 day cycles and ovulate on day 15. Using one of those calculators would have given me a due date about 5 days earlier then my actual conception date would. While 5 days might not seem like much with doctors pushing inductions and c-sections earlier and earlier based on inaccurate due dates it can make a HUGE difference in the outcome of your birth.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011