Is there another way of doing step arobics without a stepbench and can still get the same results out of the workout

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I use a step stool! I find that it works better actually, because it's higher than a stepbench! (=
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• use some big books!
    jasper311

Answer by jasper311 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• When I was a teen my parents worked for a moving company and they brought home a rolled up thing of packing paper and flattened out it was the same length and size as a stepper and I used that.

If you have stairs in your house you can use the bottom step or a sturdy step stool. I don't recommend the books because I've done that with a phone book and slipped and fell from the pages moving....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes. All you need is something (like a table or chair or stool) that should be approx. the same height.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• never really thought about it, why not use the stairs?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I used to use make shift items for the step and the only time I had problems was when I need to lay on it and do exercises but I made it through. I then finally found one pretty cheap at Walmart and bought it and have not exercised that way but a handful of times since I bought it. Have you tried getting a step from Craigslist or garage sales?
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Probably just another sturdy item that's about the height would work fine.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You have to have something to step up on or it is not step aerobics, right?
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• As long as you're stepping UP onto something during the workout, yes. A stepbench isn't necessary, just another trapping designed to make the manufacturer money, and you poorer. Stools you have around the house, like KT said: regular old stairs (if your house has them)....some duct tape and old phone books work well too =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you can step onto anything safe... a box, a cinder block... stairs, a step stool... it isn't what you are stepping on as much as the action of the up and down...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011