I've heard ladies talk about loosing their mucous plug....but apparently mine wont stop coming out???? adult content

I started about a week ago, noticed a snotty looking fleshy piece in the toilet. I have noticed several pieces like this everytime I go to the bathroom now.

At least 12-15 separate times...and a few times on the paper too.....this morning when I showered and washed....saw 2 or 3 pieces.

Is it normal for it to keep on and on? The are small to medium size pieces, 1/2- 1 inch long or so.....

I have had 2 other babies but never had this happen?

Weird or normal? I am 36 1/2 weeks by the way :)

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 12:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yep sounds normal. I only noticed losing it with my second child, but it went on for days and days.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I lost mine for awhile....it just kept going and going ..just random pieces over time..idk if normal or not but i had a healthy baby who came on the exact day he was due...sooo...if your worried just ask your OB im sure he/she has some better info than me
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 12:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I did that until the day before I had my son, and then I lost it completely ( the whole large piece of it).
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The mucus plug regenerates if you don't go into labor right away when you lose it, so it's normal to lose pieces over time. I started losing pieces at like 36 weeks, also, but didn't lose the whole thing til I was about 6cm dilated in labor.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The plug actually regenerates itself if you don't go into labor shortly after losing it and quite often women only lose small pieces at a time. I wouldn't worry too much, but you can always mention it at your next appointment.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Your labor is going to start shortly and until you go into labor you will continue to lose the mucus plug.
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 1:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Also mention these things to your doctor call them and make sure that whats coming out is normal and its what should be coming out.
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 1:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011