Why is it when you have company over and they have children and you try to tell them not to don something and the parent just sit there and let them do whatever?

LayDT

Asked by LayDT at 12:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dont know but it bugs me! I expect my kids to act with respect when at someone elses house I dont get why some parents see no problem with their kids being terrors at mine!
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That doesn't happen when I have company. Maybe it's just the people you have over. Why not just say something?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I've not got a clue! I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm the opposite though. When I go to someone's house I'm ALL OVER my kids because i'm stressed they'll get into something or they're doing something that isn't appropriate at their home....
    It's never relaxing to go out...ugh.
    Anonymous

• The people I have over are close to us I have no issue telling them to stop doing something and I have no issue with those people telling my kids not to do something if they are doing something wrong.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have had friends of mine that have done that and to be honest they let their kids to whatever they want because they are to lazy to correct their kids. Its irriating to have to always look after someone elses kids to make sure that they dont break anything in your own house when theyre parents are siting right there. I would just tell the kid to behave and if that didnt work then I would go to their parents and tell them.
    Sunshine2603

Answer by Sunshine2603 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011