What do you think??

Is it possible AND safe to lose 50 lbs in 5 months???
If so how do i go about doing that??? Please dont be mean... I'm actually asking for suggestions/ideas not some rude comments...
Thank you

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 12:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes it is possible. The normal person can loose 2 pounds a week. I would suggest drinking a large glass of just plain ol' water before each meal. That will help fill your stomach and make you feel full, causing you to eat less. I have had good luck with Slim*fast in the past.

I hope this helps.
    StepMomToDevin

Answer by StepMomToDevin at 1:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It's not impossible, but you'd greatly have to change your diet and your fitness routine would have to be pretty intense.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, you'd definitely have to be working out at least 1 hour/day, 5 days/week...counting calories and eating healthy whole foods and no processed crap! Try Jillian Michaels workouts! She's know how to get the fat off and you can find great recipes here:

http://www.sparkrecipes.com/

You can also count your calories there, but I found this website easier to use for that:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/

Good luck!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't know about for people, but for dogs/cats, these are what's recommended:

A maximum weight loss rate of 2% of initial body weight per week is generally suggested to:
    1. Minimize the risk of losing large amounts of lean muscle mass along with fat;
    2. Prevent increasing undesirable signs of hunger that have to be endured by the owner;
    3. Prevent slowing of the metabolic rate that increases the risk of weight rebound;
    4. Reduce the risk of inducing nutrient deficiencies when you restrict other nutrients along with caloric intake.

I cannot imagine human nutritionists would think too differently.

The math: 50pounds/20 weeks = 2.5 pounds/week. 2.5 pounds is 2% of 125 pounds

I assume you weigh >125lbs. so that *should* be a safe RATE of loss, IF you pay careful attention to your nutrition, especially vitamin/mineral intake.

Biggest thing is-->Calories consumed MUST BE less than Calories used, no m
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 3:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011