Just curious

Is it possible AND safe to lose 50 lbs in 5 months???
If so how do i go about doing that??? Please dont be mean... I'm actually asking for suggestions/ideas not some rude comments...
Thank you

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 12:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It is safe to lose about 2 pounds per week. So, five months = 20 or so weeks, you can safely lose 40 pounds, pretty darn close. I would highly recommend weight watchers and exercise.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• everything gramsmom said. try weightwatchers, it will guide you how to lose those 2 pounds a week in a healthy way. and yes you will be very close to 50 pounds in 5 months if you stick to the diet. weightwatchers in no way keeps you hungry or eat nothing but bread and water, it just teaches you what the food you're eating is worth and what foods are best to eat.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Have you watched the new show on MTV its called I used to be fat and they lose like 50-70 lbs in like 100 days But they work out really hard and eat more healthy but if you try all of these and stick to it then I think you can do it
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If you are overweight then yes. You see those biggest losers people losing that in less then a month sometimes
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't think it is a good idea for long term weight loss.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• 1-2 lbs per week is a healthy rate...so you could get close. But....the slower you lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i think it is possible... but i agree, 1-2 lbs per week is a good rate, in 5 months that's 20 weeks... about 40 pounds... so close... i would just eat healthy, exercise and drink enough water...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 1-2 lbs a week is healthy
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't think so.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I agree w/ 2 or 3 lbs a week. Don't stress yourself too much over it though. There will be good weeks & bad weeks.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011