how much did you spend on your wedding?

; ; a friend of mine wants help on planning a wedding and im completely lost on that subject....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Well It depends if you are having a big or small wedding. I'll break mine down for you...

Gown-$1000
    Shoes and accessories-$400
    Flowers-$1200
    Cake-$300
    DJ-$200
    Catering-$1200
    Invites-$100
    photographer-$400 (we had a family friend)
    3 Bridesmaids dresses/shoes/assecories-$400
    Decorations- $300
    Pastor gift- $150
    I hope this helps. We had a wedding with about 35 family and friends. I cant remeber much else we had to pay big on. congrats by the way!
    Anonymous

• oh yea and we rented the guys tux, they brought thier own shoes. Cant remember how much they were though. over all it was a total of $6000.
    Anonymous

• I did everything myself and only spent about $1000 including food for both reception and rehearsal...my dress, DH's outfit, all of the bridal parties clothes (6 adults and 3 children), cake and decorations
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I believe it depends on what part of the country you are from. I live on the East Coast and weddings here are more fancy to say than in parts of the midwest.. My wedding cost over 40,000.00 shit that ain't nothing. I just went to wedding in September that cost over 100,000
    good luck..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We spent about 4000 total. We did a "weddingmoon" in Hawaii. I would recommend it to anyone. Low stress, and pretty cheap as far as weddings go!
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• $150

$50-Marriage Certificates
    $100-Ceremony

Go to the Courthouse its so much easier than planning an entire wedding.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Ha, I don't know, my inlaws insisted on having it because it was my hubby's first -- personally I wanted to run off... :) I DID insist on eco-friendly, hehe. Our wedding favors were ordered off of Ebay and were seed packets -- even the packets were biodegradable.
    I suggest getting a wedding organizer book -- it will have a place to write down your budget for each item and you can check around online for quotes on each thing. For instance, using flowers IN SEASON or out of friends gardens are much less expensive than using hothouse flowers that must be trucked in. Congratulations :)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I totally agree with ArmyWife112908, that is exactly what my husband and I did and boy, oh boy, are we so happy we did. We had so much more money left over for lots of other things. And think of it this way, if you ever get divorced you won't be so mad about what you spent on the wedding. :) - (THAT WAS A JOKE) sorry, didn't mean that in a bad way. But really, there is much less stress in planning and all the little extra things that you have to deal with if you just go to the courthouse. Good luck, and Congradulations! :)
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 3:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Uhhh, yeah some dress places have deals where its $99.00 is the lowest to pay for a dress. You can go to any crafts/hobby place and get wedding stuff. You should look online too for stuff. You can go to the mall and they have little juniors/missies clothes store with dresses there too and they have tons to pick from and they are priced from$20.00-50.00 for bridesmaid dresses anyways. They are not cheapy ones either. I know a few in Ohio. You can also go to ur regular grocery store, A walmart if u have one, and get roses/flowers there. Write down all the stuff u need. Or even google it. You can even call places about catering pricing
    Anonymous

• WOW I spent
    $87 on Marriage Certificate
    and NOTHING ELSE,,,,,once my parents got wind of it they got the notary public. (Personal friend so no charge)
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008