Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where should I look for help?

This is very embarrassing for me to admit so please try not to judge because I am asking for help.
I feel that lately my emotions have been all over the place, never in a good way though. I am either so depressed all I wan to do is sleep or I am so angry that no one can even talk to me or I scream. I know this is wrong and I cry every time it happens, but when I am in my angry state or mind I take it out on my daughter. I have NEVER hit her and never will but I do spank her harder than I know I should or for something very stupid and I also scream at her and say very hurtful things. I know I am wrong and that this makes me a very bad mother so please do not bash because I already know. I know that I need help and I have told my husband and he is going to help me but I am not covered on his insurance yet and I dont know if we can afford counseling or anger managment (he works as an on-call officer so hours are never the same). I have no idea how to ask for help or who to ask, I dont know where to look for a good counselor or anything, please give me some advice!!

I want to add that I haven't always been this way, there was a time when I was an amazing mother and I just want to get back to that!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

Answers (4)
  • Talk to your doctor... do not be afraid to!!!

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • I would suggest looking in your phone book and look for counceling. Call them and ask if they have a sliding scale fee. Often times there is help out there for those that can not afford it. Also if this is avaliable in your area and the doctor decides to put you on medication, they often help with that as well. If you would like to talk more about it, feel free to message me off list, or email me directly... My email address is

    I hope this helps.

    Answer by StepMomToDevin at 1:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Try DSHS or look up low income ( i don't know if you are but if you have no insurance it will be cheaper) counseling. It def sounds like you may be suffering from depression so it's not your fault but try to get help asap. In the meantime try to relax and take a breather. Maybe before you think about spanking your kid try counting to 10? Mayhbe that will help since you maybe would be thinking clearer? GL and I wish you the best!

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • Ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist

    Answer by rkoloms at 4:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Just curious

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
what could this cramping b from?