For divorced women only please

Just curious,

When did you decide that enough was enough..how do you know when to call it quits or to keep trying to work things out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I knew long before i ever acted on it. It was just hard to leave & hard to admit that i made a mistake marrying him. So, even though i knew it was wrong for us to be together, i still tried for a while even though i knew deep down it wasn't meant to be. I also tried for the sake of my DD. I kept thinking "what if it CAN work though". Well, there was no fixing that relationship & it took me a while to realize it. We were together for 5 years before i finally left.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• When I left my eldest son's father, it was because I asked him to make a choice, he made the wrong one... I begged his best friend to take him out that night, he left, and chose a lifestyle that wasn't for a "family", I packed our stuff, and was gone...

There does come a time that you "just know"... I knew he was never going to change, and me stating I was going to leave... either needed to leave or shut up and take it... well, wasn't going to "take it" anymore!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I knew when I found a love letter his mistress had written him. He's cheated before, but he swore it was a one-time physical thing that he'd done because he was stupid. To see in his own handwriting how little he thought of me, of our children, and of our family and life together drove it home permanently. It was like the scales fell off my eyes and I realized that all my pleading for counseling and anger management classes for us both was falling on deaf ears. I could want to make my marriage work all I wanted, but in the end, I was effectively yoked not to the stubborn jackass I thought, but a dead horse. And I could either work myself to death dragging him everywhere in my life, or cut myself and the kids free to make what we could of life.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My ex had been physically abusive and punched me in the eye. I left with the kids and took them out for fast food and then to a movie to stall for time to think. After the movie I called him from a payphone, expecting him to beg me to come home. Instead he started screaming and threatening me some more. I couldnt go back with the children, I knew it would be worse if we went back home, so we stayed in a motel and the police found out about my eye. He was arrested and the rest was history.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2011