Does anyone just come out and talk to the person that's bothering them anymore?

Is it taboo to speak up? It seems like half the problems people have with eachother wouldn't have got so out of hand had they set their boundaries verbally long before.
Sometimes people don't even know you are upset, or don't know they are doing something to begin with. I teach my 3 year old to use his words, but two thirds of the adults I know don't. Sheesh!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with you, but have to admit I'm a big chicken and don't come out and say it either! lol
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I will always speak up regardless if you want to hear it or not. I don't think its healthy to keep everything inside. Besides how is someone supposed to know that you are upset unless you say something. People can't read your mind.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Nope people like it to fester and build up, Then when they finally do say something its a list a mile long. Which is harder to recover from the little things here and there of course.

Part of it IMHO is people worry about offending people so much but if the people are close in whatever regard it should be able to talked about without it being that big of a deal.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... I am guilty!!! I would rather walk away from you than waste my time arguing...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Many (if not most) do not speak up, for whatever reason.

My personal belief is this.. Another person does know even know if I'm upset/hurt/disappointed/angry etc.. unless I tell them. And they most definitely do not know WHY I feel that way unless I tell them.. If a person does not know what I'm feeling and why I'm feeling it, then they can't very well know what they may be doing wrong, what they may be able to do to change what's going on, what they may be able to do to prevent what's happening, or help me with what's happening.

The people in my life are not mind readers any more than I am. They can not look at my ass and read my mind, or vice a versa... Communication is key. I have to be willing to openly and honestly communicate my feelings, my issues, my needs..etc. if I want them taken seriously and want them addressed seriously.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I always do. If I've done so a number of times about the same thing, to the same person...then I don't anymore because I see that it is serving no purpose.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• misses nick, whether or not they choose to respect your boundaries is separate from you speaking your peace. You did your part. Not everyone respects it unfortunaley. :P
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• exactly! that's the way of things now. if you don't like something about someone, you play the drama card then they are cut out of your life.
    the line 'you're causing me drama, so it affects me kids' is a very popular one.

I've heard it's the same when it comes to dating now. with all the web sites available if someone isn't getting exactly what they want from the relationship they just move on since they know that with just a click of the button they can get a list of people to choose from.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2011