Work full time? Stay Home full time?

ok, stay at home moms... how do you keep from going insane from bordom? And how do you contribute income (if you do)
moms who work... who puts your kids on the bus? How does your job work with your parental responsibilities?
I'm trying to decide what to do when my four year old starts school in August.

Jasmine211

Asked by Jasmine211 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ~*SAHM*~... and very blessed to be one!!! Thank you G~O~D
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am a SAHM, I take my son to play group and go to the library things like that. When he is in pre-school I use the time to do my running around, catch up on my house work and home projects make freezer meals and so on. I also sew and do crafts. For income I get child tax benefits.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• First off you have to do what is best for your family. ANDt you BOTH have to agree on what is best for the family.

I have been a sahm for almost 16 yrs and boredom is a choice. There is SO much to do that being board is someone choosing not to interact. Obviouslythere is house work... this can be made in to wonderful learning games.  So can your marketing.  There are tons of play groups, story times, etc. My kids have been to ALL the museums in the area, we went to the zoo, we went on hiking adventures, we took train rides, we did a TON of things when they were little.  When they got to school I volunteered in classes, participated in pta, I knew the people at the school and they knew me......

Anonymous

• I'm a SAHM. I'm not bored at all. I have a 4 yr old and an 18 month old. After I drop my 4 yr old at school I go to the gym and work out and then I come home do some cleaning and laundry and a take a shower while the 18 month old naps. Then my 4 yr old comes home from school. I feed the kids lunch and after that we usually go on a play date. Then it's time for dinner. The day almost always fills up :)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• . I was there for every first, for every life lesson, etc. When my dd started her period at school I was able to be there in less than 5 min with a change of clothes. I regret NOTHING having been at home for the past 16 yrs.

I am now able to attend every home sporting game and am one of the only parents that can/do. I am home right now with a sick child and didnt have to get permission from anyone. For US this was THE most important parentng choice we have ever made./
    Anonymous

• i stay at home, and i have moments of boredom that i think virtually everybody gets from time to time, even at work. but the moments are rare because if there isn't something that needs to be cleaned, washed, a child that needs to be changed or fed, played with, taken outside for a walk or to run around, then i can catch up on things i like to do. like read, get on cafemom, take a shower (lol), paint my toenails a new color, organize, find new recipes, etc. i have a 4 year old that is in school 5 days a week from 8-3 and its the best thing for her because she's very energetic and social and *needs* this kind of stimulation. she doesn't start kindergarten til 2012. but i have 2 more that are ages 2 and 1 and they definitely keep me busy. however, when the 1 year old is old enough for kindergarten, i will seek work or go back to college.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom, and I don't really have a lot of time to be bored. I drop the kids off at school at 9 am, run around and do my errands, and get back to the school to pick up my youngest at 11:45. I go back again at 3 pm to get my oldest, and then it's a rush of dinner, homework, and marital arts 3 times a week.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• DH and I both put the kids on the bus and then we both leave. He works full time and I go to school full time. Last year he stayed at home and I both worked and attended school full time. We still both put the kids on the bus.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I work full time, but am able to do so from home, my schedule is VERY flexible so I am able to get my daughter on and off the bus, she's at 1/2 day Kindergarten, and keep my son, 3.5, home with me. I can run them to dance, soccer and doctor's appointments no problem, but for the most part I am tied to my laptop, so we are home most of the time. I am out of my mind busy and giving no one my best, not my kids, not my husband, not my work and not my house, I am just stretched too thin, and I'm TIRED of literally doing IT ALL. I earn a good salary. My husband works outside the home. I am VERY lucky to have this situation, I get that, but it really is exhausting. And I will totally admit that staying home is BORING, despite how crazy my day is. The SAHM portion of my life is very tedious and boring, I mean, dishes all day long, laundry, picking up the same messes over and over and over again, being a short order cook...cont.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• ...all day and night...ugh! Its really bad in the winter when we can't even get out to kick around a soccer ball or take a dip in the pool or tend to the garden. My life is such that a trip to the grocery story alone is exciting, I even put on lipstick =).
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011