childcare???

I am going to be babysitting 2 children from 7:30am-4:30pm and they will be giving me $60 a day. In august I will have them from 6:30am-8:30pm she asked how much I would charge for that I really don't know how much to say I am not one to ask for money usually just take what people give me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Honestly... most daycares charge as if they have them the WHOLE day, so that when they do, the price stays the same...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• how old are the children? will your meals be provided? how far/how much gas? lots of factors!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That's 14 hours for 2 kids, are you going to supply all meals, snacks, drinks etc.... If so, I would have 80$ for both kids.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• kids are 20 months and the other will be 4 in july
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I pay $20 per day per child from 630-530 and that includes a 1/2 day of preschool. Before that, I was paying $15 per from 530a-5p without preschool.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, most child cares charge per day, but most child cares will also not be open until 8:30 at night. That's 5 hours a day more. I don't think I would increase it by a whole lot, but you definitely deserve more than $60 a day for those days. Is she providing food or are you? That would make a huge difference in what I would charge. Also how old are the kids?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry but they are paying you $60 for 2 kids. i don't think that is right. your getting paid min wage. how old are the children? and are these people friends or family? I'm gonna go head and bump!

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Women cannot usually afford to pay a great deal for childcare. As a childcare provider, you are usually able to have your children with you and maintain your own home. This is saving you the cost of day care. By being a day care provider you can earn and contribute monetarily to the family but not have to be outside of the home. It is important that you do not make your fee so hish as to put yourself out of a job. It is not unusual for the daycare provider to make more than the women working outside the home.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Wow, that is a really long time. In our state they can't be in daycare more than 12 hrs a day...personally I think that is too much. Holy cow, why do you have to have them that long? Just curious?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011