Has anyone else heard that its better to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day to help you lose weight ?

mommato2boys79

Asked by mommato2boys79 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• that's how I lost 30lbs, I was fuller longer and didn't binge because I ate when I was hungry instead of holding out and eating a bunch.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, I lost 50lbs one time from doing that. My trainer put me on a regimin of 4oz lean meat, brown rice, green veggis 2 times a day, oatmeal, eggwhites, and protein supplements.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes. I've always been a "grazer" and prefer to eat every 3-4 hours naturally. I was always thin until I tore an ankle ligament in my tweens. Being on crutches for 6 weeks started a yo-yo cycle that I'm STILL fighting 25 years later.

But even now, I tend to eat smaller meals and snack about 2-3 hours before or after. I've found it keeps my blood sugar more regular and I don't have those post-meal stomach aches and lethargy either.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, it boosts your metabolism.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't know if it helps you actually lose weight but I do know that I've always grazed all throughout the day and have never had a problem with my weight. It does seem like I'm constantly hungry, but I don't really crave sweets.....try to munch on veggies througout the day. If you think about it though, by eating many small meals instead of 3 large ones, you are keeping your metabolism going all day long and refueling for energy.
    BrandinaV

Answer by BrandinaV at 3:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• yes...better and you don't get as hungry!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, eating smaller meals through the day is best.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I hear this often but with work I cannot do it. If you try it and it works, let me know. I would be very interested to know how it works for you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, I've heard that it's healthier to "graze" throughout the day. That way you don't over eat at meal time because you're super hungry.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes! I've lost 42 lbs so far this way. I love that I'm never starving. It revs up your metabolism, and it keeps your blood sugar steady, so you don't have the crash later, and you don't get all sluggish after a meal. You can pack meals with you (that's what I do), and it's very easy! Throw some plain Greek yogurt with berries, hummus and crackers, and a banana in a cooler and you're all set! Easy peasy!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2011