Thoughts on baby first

When to first start baby cereal , 1st fruits , 1st vegges , 1st juices or when is to soon for Caffeine-FREE herbal tea?

LilTiffanysmomm

Asked by LilTiffanysmomm at 1:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 4 months and we started him on rice cereal a week ago, and then in one more week we will introduce fruits, and 2 weeks from then veggies, and 2 weeks from then meats! Every baby is different....if u introduce these things to ur baby and they just won't eat it or react badly to it, then it's not time for them!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• For all of the above, no sooner than 6 months. Their digestive tract is not mature enough to gather any nutrients from them.

After that, I would skip cereal since it's not of nutritional value and start with soft fruits and veggies (steamed). 1 at a time for a couple of days to check for allergic reaction.

Up to a year all nutritional value comes from formula or breast milk. The solids are more to get used to the textures.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would agree with the 1st answer up till the dont start till 6months. That is a new doctor fad and guess what it will change when the next fad comes trough. To each his own and I am not saying she is right or wrong I am just saying I started my baby on baby food(homemade) when he was 4 months and tried things even before that and he is 100% healthy and growing just fine! When the child shows interest in food then go for it, it is not enough to fill him up just for the texture and tasting. Start with simple foods and make sure there is no allergies 1st. Rice cereal does nothing so you can skip it if you would like. Above all. Do what you feel is right for you and your child. Not what we think is right. Good luck!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• thankS
    LilTiffanysmomm

Comment by LilTiffanysmomm (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011