Becoming a prude??

Almost 3 years ago I had my son, and 16 months ago I had my daughter, well ever since having them, I have become sort of a prude. I've never been one to cuss, but now I find myself correcting others, especially around my kids. I use to find the movies like sex drive, and beerfest funny, but now, I think they are crude! My husband is still into them and hates that I won't watch them with him. I don't know why my views on them changed, but they did. And it's not just when the kids area awake, it's any time. Im not sure how to explain this to my husband, because I'm not at all sure why. Anyone else like this? How should I explain this to my hubby??

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• It's called growing up :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i would just say that you have matured, not become a prude. i think it happens to most of us when we become mommies :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Your trying to make a better environment for your family. and yes...growing up.
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 3:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The best way to explain it to your husband is by telling him WHY you have changed, what are the reasons behind your change.

You have reasons for feeling as you do. We all change throughout life's different stages. However, each and everyone of us has our own reasons for our own changes. In order for your husband to understand your changes, you must understand your changes first. The changes that some women experience after having children go far deeper than "well I became a mom". For example: do you not like those things any longer because you think they give you a bad image as a mother, do you feel "moms" don't do those sorts of things, if I like those things it sets a bad example..etc..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Haha, yeah it's just growing up and tastes changing. I'm the same way =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was like that when I went on the depro bc shot and then switched to bc pills. As soon as I stopped taking all that bc, I got into enjoying all that stuff again. GL , it could be hormonal....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't think you can explain it to him so that he will understand. Nobody explained it to you, did they? I would simply tell him, when he wanted to watch something that I find offensive, that I will be doing something with the children or something that really needs to be done. I would not put him down for watching nor would I try to persuade him he shouldn't watch. I would just quietly and calmly tell him that it is something I don't enjoy; and for me to watch it would not only make me uncomfortable but it would also make me feel guilty for not using that time for something that would be more constructive for me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Honestly, I am the opposite. I have become more liberal about just about everything since I had children. I used to be very judgmental of everything, but now I'm more of a "live & let live" person.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I dont think it is growing up just change in thinking...wait that could be considered growing up. Just tell him u use to like them but not anymore.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011