umm not sure what this meanns..

Umm I never get when people ask me this. I assume they are joking or something....twice I have had older white woman (30's) ask me to have a baby for them. Like we would not be talking about having more kids or anything. One gall asked, we worked in a daycare together I was like 23 and she was telling me about her problems w her ex and soe other stuff. I would just listen and then one day out the blue she was like "have a baby for me". I laughed but it made me tink WTF?!! lol

Second time a lady from a place I vist would always ask me to have another kid and give it to her. In fairness she kinda does this to other people but it's annoying to me because I had such a shitty time with mine. The pregnancy was fine but the support system was frayed. Again she was older (30 something..she is older because she is older than me) married and has kids. Youngest is 3.

I'm not the brighest crayon in the box (and by no means the dullest) but am I missing something? :) I've never heard/had a black woman or any other race/culture ask that. Is it a cultural thing I'm to young to understand? lol

Clarification is apperciated. :)

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have no idea. That's a little weird. My husband's family members have said that to us, because our daughter is so pretty, but they're clearly not serious. I wouldn't know what to think if I were in your situation. My advice, just smile, giggle and change the subject...lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• lol yeah it is always weird and out the blue. Like I appericate they reconize my beauty and ability ot make a beautiful child but that doent mean I want to do it for u lol Plus its my DNA that does it lol weird people
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• really funny cause the furst gal didnt know I had ended a friendship because she got prego and I didnt want to be around. Now I didnt mind working w kids because Iw as getting paid. but to have them in my life...in my body??!! at that time HELL NAW.

Now I still dont want anyone else in invading my body lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It's odd, really. I'll ask this, have you EVER considered being a surrogate?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• HELL Fudgecisles NAW. I dont like it. I couldt give anything of me away. I barely like giving comploemnts away lol I know it may it sound bad but God didnt give you the ability to birth a child for a reason. I belive more people should adopt of provide loving foster homes. I dont care that someone is infertifle. Not my fault. eww no carry someoen elses kid..everyone will think its mine then have to explain it...geel it move and then give it away??? no. When teh first chick asked I was like super young like why would I ruiin my life to help you out? it may be mean and selfish but I dont care. It's my body and life a person would be asking me to give up so they can be happy. never that (for me) :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• They are prob saying you have pretty babies.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That is a little odd. You are probably quite beautiful

Answer by rkoloms at 4:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011