it doesn't affect the baby if i don't take the prenatal and iron pills for 3 days?

Milindus

Asked by Milindus at 1:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is important to take your prenatal meds and iron pills...i am actually on both of those now, but if you forget for 3 days it won't harm the baby...once you start these pills you build up the meds in your body so i wouldn't worry about it...just try to remember in the future...good luck and god bless..
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i forget all the time just cuz i am not a good pill taker and i dont remember every day. its not gonna affect the baby even if u didnt take them at all but just try to remember as often as possible
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• ITLL EFFECT YOU MORE. I TEND TO FORGET ALOT. I JUST FEEL TIRED CUZ I AM ANEMIC AND WITHOUT THE IRON I GET REALLY TIRED AND LITHARGIC.
    BUT DONT WORRY TOO MUCH, JUST DONT STOP TAKING THEM ALL TOGETHER
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I didn't take my pills at all.

I ate very healthy, and my doctor was aware that I was not taking the pills.

My daughter and I were both healthy at delivery.

3 days is not going to do anything to your baby so long as you are staying healthy in between time, but it will be harder on your body to take that amount of extra iron and just stop.

Why do you want to stop for just 3 days?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• u need iron pills.. i take them too but u need them if the dr gives them to u.. its important for the baby to have them. i looked it up and have talked to some people low iron not taken care of can harm ur baby... talk to ur dr about it
    Anonymous

• It should not effect baby, it will effect you. *But I think you will survive*

What the baby needs, the baby will take from mommy, even if it is leaving mommy without what she needs.

The only real, but small concern, after missing three days of prenatals is if you are anemic to begin with. You would need that iron to produce hemoglobin *red blood cells* for yourself and to supply baby with oxygen enriched blood. Three days may not make a difference especially if you were eating ok those three days.

Anyway, don't sweat it! You are OK!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well thank you for your answers ladys, the thing is that every time i take this pills i start with nausea and i start vomiting and a little dizzy so sometimes i just take for one day the prenatal and 30 minutes later the iron but then i don't take the last iron pill because the symptoms are worse
    Milindus

Answer by Milindus at 1:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well i asked my mom do i have to really take it. i hate eating pills, but my mom said that you don't have too. it makes you feel better and no tiredness. i can say it's bad for the baby. because when i was pregnant with my first child i didn't even take it at all. everything was fine. he turn out really adorable. it's up to you?... good luck
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 2:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008