Someone cut my hands off please!

Ok so, I'm not overweight and I'm healthy as far as I know but, I really want to start eating healthier and exercising to make sure it stays that way, because I know that won't last forever especially because High cholesterol and diabetes runs in both sides of my family. So ever Monday ( magical Monday for whatever reason) I say I'm going to start eating healthy and exercising, but I don't! I LOVE junk food, especially ICE CREAM!!!!! What can I do to stop picking at junk food and get motivated....keep in mind, I have a 4 Month old.....and work, so I'm kinda busy!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 1:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Don't deprive yourself. What I always did was eat 6 small meals a day. Breakfast, snack,lunch,snack, dinner, snack. Healthy of course. My snacks consisted of a handful of almonds, an apple, etc. On sundays I gave myself a cheat day to eat whatever I wanted. Something to keep in mind also is it is not necessarily what your eating, but portion size.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am having trouble getting motivated too. I have been snacking like crazy.. haha. I had cheerios, some cantaloupe, pretzels, a cookie, a bit of mac n` cheese and water.. oh.. a couple of cups of coffee.. and it's only 1:40! lol i will have some water... and my vitamin. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I know! I don't really eat big portions, it's just that I love to eat bad things! Like I said, I'm not concerned about losing weight, I just want to be healthy!
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hi..If you have comcast ONDEMAND they have a fitness& excerise programs for free. Do the cardio and tai bao, anything that involoves cardio, toning or calories burning will be good. Juliain Micheals is a great dvd to buy if you dont have ONDEMAND. You can find it a walmart or any store. Dont eat carbs or meat after 7. If you can try to run in the mornings for 30 minutes. Put your baby in a scroller and keep her warm. running is going to help you get fit. The more calories you burn the easier it will be to tone. I have two kids and I would go running at the park with my friend, she would have a stroller and I would have the other. =) Workout at night when your baby is sleeping. Buy the fitness ball and yoga matt. Once you start working out the first day, you need to keep in mind that you need to eat healthy or else all the excerise and hard work would have been for nothing.
    Sunshine2603

Answer by Sunshine2603 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I dont beleive in cheating eating days, that will just set you back. You need to make sure you look at the labels of the boxes. Anything more than 5 grams of sugar isnt good. Almonds, yogurt, pichacios, carrots, cucumber, fruit are good sources for snacks. try to limit you intake of carbs such as pasta, rice, bread. Wheat bread is good. Eating 5 small servings a day will prevent you from starving. Chicken is the most healthiest and turkey, shrimp, red meat you need to limit yourself. Vegatables is a essential..and try to stay alway from high syrup levels in juice. Drink plenty of water 8 glasses a day. For every cup of juice you drink you need to drink one glass of water and the same for coffee. Try not to drink no soda..Soda dehydrates you and takes the water that you just drank out..Good luck
    Sunshine2603

Answer by Sunshine2603 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011