• In the Spotlight:

Do you agree.. Once a cheater always a cheater?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• No.

However, If it is a boyfriend... why would you even bother to find out if he will cheat again.
    If it is a husband and there are no kids.... why would you even bother to find out if he will cheat again.

IF it is a husband and there are kids.... well then you need to really take a good hard look at things and decide.
    Anonymous

• Not nessisarily. If it was a once time thing. And hadn't happened before (past relationships). Then I would say it could be a mistake and he may not cheat ever again. But if it is a consistant thing where he has cheated before numberous times and in past relationships I would say probly not going to change that
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Nope, not something I believe.

Each person cheats for there own individual reasons. Each situation and each relationship is different. A person does not always react, respond, or make the same choices in differing situations or even in the same situations.

There are far too many variables when it comes to cheating for me to believe a blanket statement like that.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No I don't . By saying that you aren't holding them accountable. It's just saying that he's gonna do it anyway. It's like branding them. I think we have a double standard when it comes to this saying. I notice we use it more for men than women.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Not necessarily, but in some cases, yes.  There are just so many variables. 

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 1:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• definitely not. that is a very unfair stereotype.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No, I don't believe in that "theory" - however, it is true in most cases.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I cheated one time with on my highschool boyfriend. He was very controlling, my parents just got a divorced and I was acting out. I'm married now, not to my high school sweet heart, and feel I could never cheat. My husband fills my every need.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No I don't. I cheated on a REALLY great guy once in my younger years and I regretted it so much I could never even THINK of doing something like that again to someone.

I got my Karma, my fiance cheated on me FOUR times before I said Im DONE.
    Anonymous