Should I make her take a nap?

She use to love taking naps all the time but now she doesnt want to anymore so the pass few days we haven't made her take a nap. Today she is really fussy mainly because we can't go and see Nana today because it snowed and the roads we live on never get salt put down & never get plowed unless the farmers do it but its more like them just patting the snow into the road ( I swear I think the State is either to lazy to come back here or scared, or don't even know people live on these roads and have to get out). So long story short she is really fussy and I don't know if she should take a nap. Please help.

Thanks

ks008

Asked by ks008 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• If she's fussy, put her down. I usually let my 3 year old skip naps, but the minute he gets fussy he's down for a few hours!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If you think her behavior is due to being tired and needing a nap, then have her lay down while you do something that is calming like a reading her a story or some soft music. She might not actually sleep, but at least some resting might be helpful. It is hard to get a child to sleep who is fighting the naps!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• How about just quiet time and watch a movie. Chances are that she will fall asleep during it.

That's what I do with my 3 year old. She rarely takes a nap but if she is getting an attitude, we have quiet time and it normally ends in a nap.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• how old is she?

If she is of the age to begin not napping then you might want to start a "quiet time". My sister in law does this with my niece. I think she has been doing it for 2 years...she's five now. Basically my neice has to stay in her room or bed for 45 minutes looking at books. MY SIL says it really helps my neice get through the midday and kinda revives her.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If she's fussy then at least have her lay down for a while.
    And the city only has obligation to city roads, not country roads.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• @crazy4u49033=she is 3

@JazzlikeMraz= I know the city only has obligation to city roads, I just always joke about it because all my friends live on city roads and they always get mad when I can't get out. I actually like it sometimes because it gives me a good reason to stay home and not go running all over the place :)
    ks008

Comment by ks008 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• How would you like someone to FORCE you to take a nap? NO, you do NOT force her to take a nap. What about just some quiet time? Put in a movie and let her lay on the couch and watch the movie. Not every child needs to take a nap to get rid of crabbiness. My son actually stopped napping at 2 yrs old.

Where do you live that the county roads aren't plowed? WOW!! That is just crazy. THe county roads in my area are plowed just like the city roads. It is the sides roads that are last to get plowed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Just to let everyone know, we laid down and had quiet time.
    ks008

Comment by ks008 (original poster) at 2:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2011