I called the local paper...

to see about getting a thankyou out to the postal service super for what a nice thing he did for our daughter after our dog passed ...they are calling me back tomorrow...they are considering doing a story on it!

Wish us luck!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 1:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pets

• good luck

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• mm can we hear a little back story? would love to know what happened
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sorry, posted the story before but in case you missed it. We has to put our dog of 9 years down last Tues. Anna is 4 and did not go with us to pt him down and was really missing him. Crying at night I sugested we write him a letter... we did the next morning and she wanted to give it to our postal girl ( I expected her to take it and throw it away...noot what happened though.) She took it to the supervisor who then told the girl to tell us to expect a package for her in the next few days...Two days later Dave the super arrived at our door with a package marked "FROM JACK IN HEAVEN TO ANNA" inside the box was a book about a dog in heaven, a stuffed dog that resembled our dog and the most beautiful letter from Jack stating that he had arrived in heaven and how much fun it was to be there even though he had missed her very much... keep in mind that we do not know the postal staff personally and he helped our daughter so much!
    rebeccadac

Comment by rebeccadac (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!! :) Thank you, I needed to hear something good.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• fingers crossedAwesome! i really hope they do the story! Wishing you lots of luck:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That was a great idea on your part. Yeck they should put it on the news~~We need to hear more often of people doing "good" things.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 3:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• thank you! in talking to our postal worker I learned that they do alot for people on their route she said they often let dogsout, check on the elderly on the route, shovel some walks for he older people and one lady they take her garbage out for her every Fri... such kind people!
    rebeccadac

Comment by rebeccadac (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• ^^^^Wow~~Where do you live? Sounds like your postal workers go" beyond the usual" call of duty.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 3:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• we are in south east MI abou 20 min north of Detroit
    rebeccadac

Comment by rebeccadac (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• that made me cry! so sweet of them!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011