I am a terrible mother. I forgot my baby's birthday.

Today is my ds birthday. He turned 3 and I totally forgot until 11:30am. I feel horrible. His party is not until the 29th, so I wasn't even thinking about it.
Have you ever forgotten an important date for your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I forgot valentines day last year. I felt like crap. I dont even know how it slipped my mind.

Answer by gemgem at 1:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry you forgot, but no I can't say that I have.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• OUCH. But in fairness you did not "forget" ... you're holding it on a day when it's more convenient to celebrate. We all do that!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• when my son was a couple months old, went to the bank to set up a savings act, she asked for his b-day and i said the complete wrong month and day..then told her i was sorry and way tired and told her the correct date like a minute later...but man did i feel STUPID!!! Don't worry it happens, and at least you remembered later!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• oh, and I forget stuff like flu shots, etc.... there's so damn much to remember! my sons b-day is only 2 weeks from mine and daughters is a holiday weekend so they're more difficult to bypass
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I cant say that i have ever forgot my kids bdays or don't think i can. but you didn't forget either, you just remembered a lil late lol but not too late. hope your son has a great day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY anonymous son!   happy birthday

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I havent ever forgotten my kids birthday but like christie said you didnt forget you just remembered a little late
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I could never forget my Son's Birthday. It is THE MOST important, special, and amazing day there is!

I'm sure you're not alone, though.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Well, maybe you were just so focused on planning the event it slipped your mind. Ah well. Just make it special!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• that's sad i could never forget my kid's bday!!
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 4:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011