My daughter is 16 months old and still doesn't sleep through the night. We have her on a routine, but it still doesn't seem to help. Is there an advice anyone could give me?

xmistyxlynnx

Asked by xmistyxlynnx at 2:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My advice? Get use to it! My 3 & 4 year olds have still never once slept through the night. My sister didn't sleep through the night til she entered puberty. Some people simply don't sleep well.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Does she have her own room? Is she breastfed or on a bottle and/or cup? Does she have something to sooth herself with, such as a pacifier or a mobile/crib music toy?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My daughter is 19 months and still wakes up thru the night. She has never been a great sleeper. hang in there mama!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The only thing that worked for my DD was letting her CIO.
    It was hard fir the first few nights, but now she sleeps through the night a majority of time, and if she wakes up, she puts HERSELF to sleep. She now knows that when its dark outside you need to be sleeping.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011