I want to murder my sons dentist. adult content

My son has a genetic abnormality, he was born with no enamal on his teeth- two weeks after his very first tooth erupted, before it was even in compleatly it was turning brown and you could see visible cavities. he was 7 months old, so I made an apointment for a dentist at childrens hospital wisconsin asap-
Anyway in the end, after all his teeth had came in (he is now 17 months) 8 of the teeth were distroyed. They needed to be crowned, but the dentist wouldnt do it until he hit 2.
I threw a fit about a montha go, because his temporary fillings kept coming out, and I was tired of waititng, and I didnt want him to be toothless before he hit two- that day, I touched his tooth to examin it, and one of them broke off at the base into my hand. I called the dentist balling my eyes out- got an apotment 2 days later and they finally agreed to go on and do the dental reconstruction. at 17 months (which was today) I said he was in extream pain, and his breath was horrible, and his gums were very swollen assuming there was an infection (3 weeks ago at our apotment) and the dentist said there was no signs of infection and they didnt want to put him on antibiotics if there wasnt any infection going on.
today was his dental reconstruction. They ended up having to pull two of the 8 teeth. upon pulling the first he realised that there was a raging infection, and had to pull the pne next to it as well- the infection was so horrible and out of hand it made it all the way to his roots so he said there is a good chance the adult teeth were distroyed. He could have giving him antibiotics when I said I thought there was in infection 3 weeks ago- but he didnt listen, and now my son may never get teeth in those two spots- I want to SUE HIM- I want to do one better, I want to murder him. I dont know what to do. Or how im supposed to eel about this. plese mamas. any suggestions, insite. words of kindness, would be much appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG, I am so sorry, thats all I can say and want to give you a huge hug! I couldn't imagine the anger, and saddness you are going thru seeing what your little one has to go thru! I would definitely try and find another dentist, which I'm sure you are already looking into! Good luck mama and lots of hugs coming your way!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Okay, deeeeeeep breath. When our babies are in pain, it seems like no one is doing anything right. It doesn't sound like there is any mal practice here. Just a lot of frustration. If you were to take this to court their attorney would ask why you didn't get a second opinion if you were so sure(which is even more aggrivating). I'm so sorry you are going through this. Poor kid!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I had a tooth (of my own) turn to tooth dust in a dentists hand before. It was quite traumatic to go through, I can only imagine watching it happen to my child.

My kids have been so far blessed w/ perfect teeth. I give most of that credit to the pediatric dentist we travel 4 hours round trip 2x a year to visit. I went to tour dentist offices, had some meetings/interviews, and other over the top Momma things. U cannot do much at this point other than find a pediatric specialist to pick up where that creep left off........ and breath. good luck to you
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i would sue him and report him to the dentisry board. that was neglect on his part. when gums are red and swollen they obviously have an infection. now the poor child may not have adult teeth because of it. get a new denist asap. someone that specializes in peridontal deseases. not just a regular denist. my goodness what is wrong with that denist they should have crowned and sealed his teeth the minute they were fully in to prevent this.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Find a new dentist.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Im so sorry.. I would find a new dentist
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That poor little guy. :( If I didn't sue I'd definitely report that dentist to the board. That is inexcusable.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Well, don't murder him, that's illegal and you'll go to jail (did I make you smile a little?). Anyway, report him and find a new dentist.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry to hear that I hope you lil guy gets better soon xxxxxx
    lovinmy4babys

Answer by lovinmy4babys at 2:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Your poor son. OK- first of all, step back a moment & try to relax yourself. I know that's easier said than done. Then you need to file a complaint against that dentist w/ the insurance company & the state dental board. Get a referral to a dentist who specializes in child dentsitry. Next, consult an attorney. You may have a case. More can be determined after you visit the new dentist- but please dont mention you may be suing the old dentist. He may be reluctant to say anything against a fellow DOS. Good luck *Hugs*
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011